Solarize Asheville is well underway, and is generating an incredible amount of interest from people who would like to participate in the reduced pricing and streamlined process for going solar that this community campaign offers. To date, 229 people have enrolled in the program!
The Solar 101 info session that was held on September 29 had record attendance, and laid out the essentials of the initiative. The following presentations were videotaped, and can be viewed online here:
– “Introduction and Why to Go Solar!” – Matt Menne, Climate Scientist and first contracted Solarize homeowner
– “Solar Photovoltaic Basics” – Wilson Rickerson, Consultant for the US Department of Energy’s SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership
– “A Few Words from the Selected Installer” – Erika Schneider, Director of Communications, and Tebbe Davis, Solar Energy Consultant, with Sundance Power Systems
– “Financing” – Patrick Murphy, Admirals Alternatives Solar Loan Specialist
– “Tax Incentives” – Mark Goodson, Accounting Professional
During the next few weeks, several informal gatherings will be held in different neighborhoods. These are open to anyone interested in learning more about Solarize and engaging in the community building momentum! See the full calendar for event details.
– Wednesday, September 18 – 5:30 GrovePark /Sunset Mountain Neighborhood, 21 Edgemont Road
– Tuesday, September 24 – 6:00 – 7:30 Norwood Park Neighborhood, 136 Norwood Avenue
– Thursday, September 26 – 5:00 – 7:30 5 Points Neighborhood, Various Locations
– Wednesday, October 2 – 7:00 Sierra Club Program, Unitarian Universalist Church
– Wednesday, October 2 – 6:00 -7:30 West Asheville/Davenport Neighborhood, 109 Estes Court
– Saturday, October 5 – 3:00 – 4:30 Haw Creek Neighborhood, 45 Sunnycrest Drive
Enrollment in Solarize Asheville is open through October 11. As the selected installers, we will be in touch to answer any questions and start the process of exploring your possibilities in becoming solarized. We thank you for your patience; we are doing our best to work through the enrollment list and make contact in a timely manner!
* Thanks to Dale Neal of the Asheville Citizen Times for the recent article on Solarize Asheville.