Sundance Power Systems was born from a shared vision of a viable, environmentally sustainable future.
From its humble beginnings in the laundry room of the founders’ solar mountain home, Sundance has grown to become one of the largest renewable energy firms in the Southeast.
Headquartered in Weaverville, just outside Asheville, NC, Sundance is a full-service organization with a service area that covers Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina.
We would like to express gratitude for our clients, many of whom have become valued friends, for their continued support and inspiration.
We have worked with homeowners, business owners, and political leaders alike. Thank you. Our success is your success
Long before climate change and its effects were mainstream news, Sundance began designing and installing renewable energy systems.
During the early years, we acquired invaluable first-hand knowledge by providing repair and replacement services for the many systems that were installed in the 1970s. Solar and renewable energy technology has grown incredibly since then, and Sundance works diligently to remain at the vanguard of our industry.
Sundance has been instrumental in shaping the renewable energy industry. Over the years, we have played an integral role in the evolution of the industry, working to expand the reach of renewable energy in the Southeast. (Check out the ‘milestones’ on our Sundance Timeline, located halfway down our Homepage.)
- In 1998 Sundance negotiated the first Net Metering Agreement in the state of North Carolina.
- Sundance worked extensively with the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association(NCSEA) to bring ‘net metering’ and other interconnection options to the region.
- Sundance was a pioneer and played a key role in the development of grid-tied systems in the state of North Carolina.
- Sundance is the local leader in battery storage solutions.
Interest in renewable energy has grown significantly over the years, fueled by lowered system costs and financial incentives. Another big factor is growing awareness of the severe consequences of global climate change. Sundance continues to provide cutting-edge renewable energy solutions for our residential, commercial and institutional customers.
Some examples include:
- Separate divisions within our company for: Residential, Commercial, Municipal and Developer—providing a comprehensive suite of consulting and installation services for each.
- A complete design and engineering department.
- The area’s only full-time service and maintenance division.