Call to start saving on solar today! 828.645.2080
On April 16, 2018, Duke Energy announced that their North Carolina Solar Rebate program has been approved by the North Carolina Utilities Commission. Duke states the $62 million rebate program will increase North Carolina’s private solar market by 200 percent over the next five years, with savings potential of up to $6,000 for a residential installation, $50,000 for commercial investments, and $75,000 for nonprofit projects.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to go solar! Find out how much you could save with the new rebate by setting up a free solar evaluation with the form below. To learn more about Sundance Power Systems, see how we have been Setting the Standard for Solar Since 1995.
Here are the details from Duke Energy’s program:
- Residential customers will be eligible for a rebate of 60 cents per watt up to 10 kW of solar energy installed.
- Commercial customers will be eligible for 50 cents per watt up to 100 kW of solar energy installed.
- Non-profit customers will be eligible for 75 cents per watt up to 100 kW of solar energy installed.
- Participation under the program is on a first-come-first-served basis for customers who have installed solar panels and a bi-directional meter on their property on or after January 1, 2018.
- After their system is installed, customers must complete and submit a Solar Rebate Program Application to the utility within 90 days.
Read the latest update to this program, along with the status of the application process here: Status Update on Rebate Program
This rebate is in addition other financial incentives that are available to reduce the cost of your solar.