*Sundance is not currently installing Micro-Hydro, Wind or Solar Hot Water systems. *
Solar Thermal for Hot Water and Space Heating
Solar thermal systems use thermal collectors to convert the energy in sunlight into heat for hot water and space heating. Sundance’s service area receives abundant sunshine throughout the year, which makes solar thermal an excellent renewable energy choice for:
- Residential hot water
- Space heating and radiant floor heating
- Commercial and municipal hot water
- Industrial process hot water
- Developers of sustainable community projects and homes
- Hot tubs and swimming pools
Wind Turbines and Wind Energy Systems
Wind power technology uses a turbine to convert the energy of the blowing wind into mechanical energy, which is then converted into electricity. This technology is now the fastest-growing form of renewable energy in the world; however, it is very site specific.
We’re blessed with some exceptionally strong wind sites in Sundance’s service area of Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina. If you are fortunate enough to have a site with sustained average wind speeds of 10 – 15 miles per hour, wind power may be a renewable energy option for you.
ADVANTAGES OF WIND ENERGY
- Wind has the capacity to produce power continuously all day and night in periods of windy weather
- Wind can be used in both off-grid and grid-connected
- Wind can complement an off-grid solar system since windy conditions and cloudy weather often occur simultaneously.
Micro Hydroelectric Power
Micro hydro technology uses a waterwheel, known as a turbine, to convert the energy of moving water into mechanical energy which is then converted into electricity. While most sites can generate energy more effectively through solar, micro hydro power systems can provide continuous, cost-effective power night and day given the right conditions.
Sundance will assess your property at a $72 per hour rate to see if it meets the requirements for elevation drop and water flow. If micro hydro is a viable option for you, we can then begin to design a system. Depending on your energy objectives, and the size of your stream, Sundance can provide a micro hydro system that connects to your electric utility (‘grid-tied’) to reduce or offset your energy bills, or we can provide a system that offers you complete independence from your utility (‘off-grid’).
ADVANTAGES OF A MICRO HYDROELECTRIC SYSTEM
- Micro hydro can be used in both off-grid and grid-connected
- In wooded sites, where solar is not possible, micro hydro may be a renewable energy option.
- Micro hydro is a long-lasting and robust technology – systems can last for 50 years or more with appropriate upkeep
Sundance Power systems has over 27 years of experience with renewable energy. We have designed, installed and serviced solar electric, radiant floor heating, wind, solar hot water, and micro-hydro systems throughout the Southeast. Contact us today to schedule an analysis and estimate of whichever renewable energy system is best for your needs!