Solar Sales Positions in Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC
With 20+ years of experience, Sundance Power Systems is a leading renewable energy company in the Southeast. We are proud to have installed over a thousand residential, commercial, & institutional projects throughout the region.
The Renewable Energy Consultant (REC) positions at Sundance- based in Asheville, NC, and Greenville, SC- embody the spirit of Sundance by carrying out the sales process in a way that represents the integrity, values, and objectives of the company. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the REC’s primary objective is to create and manage leads, work with these leads to develop trusting relationships, assist with design and estimates, and close project sales. In addition, the REC will participate in strategic marketing programs to attract and develop new customers and expand the organization as a whole.
Sundance is currently recruiting solar sales professionals of all experience levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute sales action plan to meet or exceed company established sales goals
- Develop, manage, and maintain customer portfolios
- Document all customer communications & pipeline updates
- Attend weekly sales and bi-monthly all staff meetings
- Complete weekly expense and mileage reports
- Stay up to date with current industry knowledge regarding products, technology, policy, financing and other matters related to renewable energy, etc.
- Support company marketing & outreach campaigns and initiatives
- Attend networking events, trade shows, festivals, and other Sundance supported events as needed
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years of solar sales, marketing and/or development experience preferred
- Passion for and dedication to working in the clean energy field
- Aptitude for problem solving and developing efficient systems
- Ability to develop, manage, and maintain customer portfolios
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, integrity, respect for confidentiality, sound judgment, and decision making abilities
- Ability to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Advanced computer literacy with MS Office and internet research skills
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess the importance of a phone call, email, or document and take appropriate action to involve the applicable people
- Self-motivation and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
Equipment to be Used:
Must be able to operate computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, copier, telephones and so on. Must have valid driver license and be eligible to be covered under the Sundance insurance policy. Must have the ability to safely operate company vehicles.
Office work with frequent and/or extended periods of driving. Standard Sundance office hours are 8 AM – 5 PM, M-F, but some after hours and/or overnight travel may be required. Working with file cabinets and document boxes which require bending, stooping, lifting, pushing and pulling. Site visit activity will include climbing ladders, walking on roofs, and observing mechanical rooms. Duties require the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Send a cover letter expressing your interest in this position, along with your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We kindly request that all applicants refrain from calling in to check on the status of their application.