There are many ways to make solar energy affordable for you—so you can start using clean, renewable power and benefit from significant long-term energy savings. The cost of solar technology has dropped dramatically in recent years, putting it within reach for many home and business owners, especially with the help of tax incentives and the right financing plan.
Financing Options for Solar Energy
COVERING THE COST OF SOLAR POWER
EVALUATING YOUR FINANCING OPTIONS
As solar has become competitive in the energy market, the financial options for installing solar energy systems on homes, businesses, and nonprofit organizations have expanded significantly. There are several models that make solar energy affordable, including direct purchase, loans, and solar leasing.
At Sundance, we help our customers identify the right financial strategy for them. If you’re interested in solar, we can help you find the option that will provide the greatest benefit and economic return, based on your financial resources and long-term goals.
When possible, direct ownership offers the most favorable investment opportunity. Tax credits and other incentives may help to put direct purchase within reach.
Chartered in 1935, Credit Human is a $2.9 billion federal credit union serving over 235,000 members across the United States. Headquartered in San Antonio, we are a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative. Being member-owned means everything we do is in the best interest of our members, not shareholders.
As a participating dealer for Credit Human, Sundance Power Systems now offers:
- Credit Human offers SustainableHome™ financing through participating dealers (such as Sundance Power Systems) for Solar Energy projects
- Get easy financing options with great rates and flexible terms to help your budget
- Any paperwork is easily taken care of through Sundance Power Systems — you don’t have to visit Credit Human to take advantage of financing options
Clean Energy Credit Union Loans
Sundance partners with the Clean Energy Credit Union to offer financing options for our customers. Clean Energy Credit Union was started by a group of people who are passionate about promoting clean energy in order to protect our environment and improve our economy. Their cooperative credit union model makes it possible to offer loans with competitive rates on customized loans specifically tailored to clean energy products and services. Your Sundance Renewable Energy Consultant (REC) can initiate your loan application and assist with the application process.
For more information on the Clean Energy Credit Union, visit their website: https://www.cleanenergycu.org/home/home
EXPERT ASSISTANCE WITH SOLAR FINANCING
Our consultants will help you understand the advantages as well as the disadvantages of each of the options identified below and bring financing partners to your project. Contact us today to get started on a cost-saving solar solution!
- Direct purchase with cash
- Include costs in mortgage for new construction or property
- Obtain a secured loan or home equity loan
- Obtain an unsecured loan
- Utilize capital lease or an operating lease for commercial projects
- Contract for solar lease with a company that maintains ownership of the system
- Enter into a power purchase agreement (PPA) from a company that maintains ownership of the system